Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Getting Attention

The best blog, or business, in the world won't get very far if nobody knows about it.

I wouldn't go as far as the performer who said, 'I don't care what you say: just spell my name right!' On the other hand, publicity is important.

For anything on the Web, that involves links, search engines, and communities. For this blog, I've already put links on web sites and other blogs that I control, and mentioned it on online communities that I've joined. Today, I'm creating a Technorati Profile. Someone with a longer history in the blogosphere would have been Technoratified long ago, but I'm new to blogging, with much more to learn.

I don't know that "Technoratified" was a word until I used it in the previous paragraph. Language is a wonderful thing, with new words appearing, old words getting new meanings, and and some words dropping out of use.

But that's a topic for another post.

No comments:

("Following" list moved here, after Blogger changed formats)

Small Business Watchers